Header

Monday, June 17, 2013

Mess Free Maple Bacon

I made my dad a surprise brunch on Father's Day, so I wanted to make something special. I made pancakes, eggs, and maple bacon! Maple Bacon is one of the easiest things to make, and by cooking the bacon in the oven rather than a pan, it is less messy. Now it is not the best health wise, but this is so yummy and perfect for 'cheat days'! Different from regular bacon, the maple flavor is the perfect compliment.


Ingredients + Tools
Bacon of choice (turkey, vegan, thin/thick slice)
100% Maple Syrup - make sure it is REAL maple syrup
BBQ Brush
Cookie Sheet + Aluminum Foil
Wire Rack (Optional)

Directions:
First,  preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a cookie sheet with heavy duty aluminum foil, this will make the cleanup process SO easy. I personally like to place my bacon on a wire rack so more of the fat and maple syrup drips off.


Try not to overlap the bacon too much
Bake the bacon for 15-20 minutes keeping careful watch. The cooking time will depend on the thickness of the bacon and how crispy you want it.

Next, brush on a thin layer of maple syrup on the bacon and put it back in the oven for 2 minutes to let the maple flavor really absorb and coat the bacon.

After, remove the bacon and pat dry with paper towel, and placing it on a plate without paper towel afterwards. This is because letting the bacon cool on the paper towel will make the maple syrup stick to the paper towel.

Then ENJOY!

-Stephanie xx




<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/8489187/?claim=aqchave5xaa">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

2 comments:

  1. Such a yummy post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just followed you on bloglovin', thank you! I love your fashion posts.

      Delete