Header

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Summer Face Routine

I love using this routine on hot summer days because it is lightweight, but covers nicely. I wear this about two times a week when I go out to lunch, shopping, etc. I mix two products together because my skin color changes all the time. I would have to buy new face products every week! I have been using these products for the past couple months and am in love :-)

Starting off with a moisturized and primed face (both spf), I mix together my BB cream and a little concealer to add coverage and match my skin.

Using my Real Techniques Buffing Brush, I blend it into my skin starting in the center of my face where I have the most discoloration.

I have pretty dark under eye circles, so I love using a brightening product. This L'oreal Magic Lumi Highlighter is an all-in-one product for underneath my eyes and a highlighter. I use it on the high points of my cheeks, nose bridge, and cupid's bow.


My skin is combination/oily so I set my face with the holy grail Dream Matte powder. I don't use it for coverage, but more to mattify the dewy finish of the BB cream and make my skin look more natural.

Underneath my eyes, I use a translucent powder to set the concealer instead of the Maybelline powder so it doesn't cake up.


Next, when I am in a hurry, I skip blush and just use bronzer on my cheeks, putting a bit extra on the rest of my face.

Then I am done! It usually takes me 5-10 minutes to complete.


Products:
H20 Plus Face Oasis Hydrating Lotion SPF 30
Shiseido Refining Face Primer
Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream - Meadium/Deep
Cover FX Cream Concealer - Deep
L'oreal Magic Lumi Highlighter/Concealer - Medium
Maybelline Dream Matte Powder - Sand
Makeup Forever HD Finishing Powder
NYC Sun 2 Sun Bronzer - Terracotta Tan
Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray

Tools:
Real Techniques Buffing Brush (available in a set), their expert face brush is similar.
Elf Powder Brush
Real Techniques Blush Brush
Real Techniques Contour Brush (available in the same set).

I love how this makes me look a lot less shiny, but still natural. What are your favorite face products?

Stephanie xx


No comments:

Post a Comment