Header

Friday, July 19, 2013

Outdoor Concert Essentials + Tips!

This summer was the first time I really loved going to concerts - and they were all outdoors! On July 13th I attended the 5 Seconds of Summer and One Direction concert in Chicago, and on July 17th my local city had a Party In the Park w/various artists.
(Source)
It was really a learning experience and I had SO much fun! I never thought that I would be one to enjoy being squished with so many people and sweaty and dancing, but boy was I wrong. The 5 Seconds of Summer and One Direction concert was definitely not that bad weather wise, because it was more at night and it never got that hot. Also, I had my own assigned seat. At Party in The Park, all of my friends and I waited in line 5 1/2 hours before the doors opened just to be really close to the stage; it turned out to be 95 degrees that day...sigh

Essentials+Tips:

-WATER
This is probably the most important item to have when it is just so hot outside. I know a couple people almost passed out, and water will keep you cool and hydrated. Freeze a ton of water bottles to drink throughout the day and it will stay cold!
-Sunscreen with at least spf 30
With the sun beating down on you, a cooling spray sunscreen will keep you protected, and will also be very refreshing.
-Lip balm w/spf
Did you know that your lips can be sun burnt as well?? When it does happen, your lips will feel warm and can even get sun blisters! Most lip balms may already have spf, so it is really easy to find and buy. 
-A deck of cards
This was so helpful to pass the long hours of waiting in line! Some of my favorite card games are BS, Egyptian Ratscrew, and Speed! It is fun to play with lots of friends and kept us from being bored. 
-An old purse
Depending on the concert or festival you go to, things might get really wet. Everyone was sprayed with a hose every half our to keep cool, and I became soaked. Make sure to not bring nice leather purses or anything because there is a good chance it could get ruined!
-Comfortable clothes + shoes!!!
I was so glad that I wore just a tshirt that I cut the sleeves off,shorts, and old sandals to Party in the Park. I got soaked - but I didn't care because I wasn't wearing anything fancy.
-Waterproof Mascara
This is so important because you are definitely going to sweat. I saw multiple girls with racoon eyes, something that no one wants to have! Mascara was the only makeup I wore because I knew I was going to be outside for 10+ hours. 

Final Tip: My main idea would be to bring things that you would not mind throwing away/getting dirty! Things that you would not miss because it can get pretty crazy! And plan AHEAD: where to meet, what time to meet, and carpooling with the people you are going with. This is especially important for safety reasons, and there will be thousands of people. 

Happy concert going!

Before the 1D and 5SOS Concert!

Ed Sheeran!! (Source)
Stephanie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment