Header

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

California Adventures

So a couple weeks ago my family and I took a one week trip to California (and Las Vegas) to visit some family and do some sight seeing! We went to so many places trying to pack it all in one week. I finally finished sorting through the hundreds of photos I took and here is part one...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
We flew into San Jose where we were staying with my aunt for the first half of the trip. San Jose has lots of diversity and great food! Being Vietnamese and from Michigan it was really a culture shock to see so many Vietnamese people in one area. I've never had such authentic and delicious food in my entire teenage life!

Probably the BEST banh mi sandwich I have ever eaten. I think I had five over the course of the whole trip...
And it is from Huong Lang, a local restaurant. Check it out here!
This is from a family party with tons of good food! Roasted quail, shrimp salad, noodles, and my favorite..
homemade shrimp balls! Super crunchy and delicious.
My parents really wanted to visit Napa, California and go wine tasting. Obviously to a 16 year old I thought, "What am I going to do the whole day?!". To my surprise, visiting Napa was one of my favorite parts of the trip. It is about a 4 hour drive from San Jose, and driving through the mountains was absolutely breathtaking.

To go to the self guided wine tour, we had to ride up a hill!


It is so cool how each barrel is handmade. I even got to sneak a sip of red wine shhh...
This platter was so delicious and everything was such high quality! My favorite was the smoked duck breast with crackers and cheese.


That day in Napa was so relaxing and beautiful. I felt like I was in the Food Network or Hallie from The Parent Trap (points if you know what I'm talking about)!
Stay tuned for part two...

Much love,
Stephanie 





2 comments:

  1. Your trip look so fun! Napa looks beautiful! I want to see more pics :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it was unforgettable! For sure they are coming soon :)

      Delete