Header

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Homecoming 2013! My Dress + Thoughts

Ah, Homecoming. The quintessential dance in high school where the guys ask the girls and the gym is decorated with sparkly stars. People slow dance to "A Moment Like This", and spend hundreds of dollars on dresses. The nail salons are packed, and each curl is pinned...

make me blush
From my polyvore!

...except mine was nothing like that. At my school homecoming is pretty laid back, the dresses are pretty but not elegant, and everyone goes, with or without a date! Prom is much more over the top. I went with a big group of friends (we were all too cool for dates, duh) and ate at a local Pizzeria. I kept my makeup neutral with my skin flawless -I love the natural look.



Dress: Modcloth (discontinued) similar
Blazer: Unknown save
Shoes: American Rag exact
Necklace: Francesca's (discontinued) similar
White Hair Bow: homemade save

I bought this dress about 6 months ago on Modcloth during their cabin sale- it was only $17! Sadly it's not available anymore, but there are some similer dresses. I absolutely love the neutral colors: blush pink, champagne, and gold.The fit and flare style is absolutely perfect on my body shape - it nips in the smallest part of my waist. The dress hits above my knee (for all the petite girls out there), and I wore some comfy black wedges from American Rag! As it was chilly outside, a blazer paired perfectly to keep the look polished. And of course I accessorized with a pearl necklace, arrow bracelet, and small pearl earrings!

I kept my hair fairly simple but girly with a cute, white bow.

If there's anything I have learned about school dances is to have fun, you decide how you feel! So get out there and go dance, be with friends, and be silly. This was my last homecoming ever so I tried to make the most of it. The song selection wasn't exactly the best, but the last song was "Sweet Caroline" which made the night!

"You know they're your best friends when..."

I did my friend Sarah's hair (far left) with curls and a french braid!

I had so much fun with the best people. My tip would be to don't stress out or over think- just be happy! Have fun at your homecoming and dance the night away!

Love always,
Stephanie x

ps. Thanks to Sarah for some of the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment