Header

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Be the Best You!

So I know this post is just a little different from my typical food obsessed, makeup loving self, but I have been thinking about writing something like this for awhile now. All I could think about these past weeks is something that happened during class. I saw a girl who sat next to me compare herself to her best friends and look so defeated. No words were said. But I saw everything. It's crazy how much social media effects us and how we view ourselves, or how we "think" we're supposed to be: with the "in" crowd. Especially when girls are just growing up and don't even know who they are as a person yet, being affected negatively can really hurt and the damage can be long term. We've all been though this: comparing ourselves to others, being jealous, body bashing, and not loving ourselves.
weheartit
A couple months ago I had some sort of epiphany. I just thought of how much emotions and feelings are wasted if you compare yourself to others. How much time is spent trying to be something you're not? The most empowering thing to do is be the best you. After that, everything else is out of your control. You know what's right and wrong, but don't ever let little mistakes stop you!

Now, is it just me, or is anyone else tired of hearing the cliche "everyone is unique"? I needed a new perspective. I needed enlightenment. I needed to be proud.  I needed to do things that I could change and were in my control.
weheartit


Feel Good!

-Get more zzzz!
-Eat healthy and clean
-Exercise (something is better than nothing!)
-Distract yourself when feeling down (music, reading, blogging...)
-Be around positive people
-Have great role models
-Unfriend/Unfollow people who you don't need!
-Write in a journal about the things you are proud of. 


As cheesy as all of this sounds, you will be surprised on how you view things differently. Care for others. Be happy. Make others happy. And most importantly...be you! 

I really hoped this helped someone! Hopefully I will do more of these little advice blog posts because I seem to be getting so many ideas lately. I love you all so much!

Stephanie 


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/10961829/?claim=gfpsaefrffn">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

2 comments:

  1. You are so wise! Thank you for these beautiful messages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure I'm that wise haha but thanks!

    ReplyDelete