Header

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Vintage Flea Market Treasures

A couple of weeks ago (before it was below freezing temperatures), I saw a local flea market while I was driving be. This lovely market was held at a greenhouse that contained a little gift shop inside. I was only able to attend for 45 minutes, but I purchased a couple little things out of the dozens of booths- it was so hard to not buy more! Never underestimate what events your local area might have, as I was pleasantly surprised!

The little greenhouse where this was held was so adorable - I loved the colors of the walls! They also had a fairy garden set up with mini furniture. I wanted to live there...


Each booth was unique in their own way. From selling books, food, candles, shoes, and clothes, they all had their own definition of "vintage" which was interesting.





And of course, there was food..










 Here are the couple of items I purchased that were irresistible. 




This book was only $3, and I love the old fashion artwork and classic tales. Maybe I will read this to my kids someday!


I ended up choosing the cherry pie and oatmeal cookie to taste. Both were only a dollar or two. They were honestly some of the best baked goods I have ever eaten! With just the right amount of sweetness, it was a perfect balance. Check out Maisy's Pie Company!


The last things I bought were these vintage cards for only 25 cents each. One is a birthday card, a 'secret sister' card, and two are 'special friend' cards (aka secret admirers). I miss the elegant and old fashioned way of things. I couldn't stop smiling reading all of the cards, people were so polite back then!

I hope you enjoyed this week's post! Stay tuned for some fall themed posts!
Thanks for reading,

Stephanie x

To see more about the vintage shop where this was held, check out grblooms.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment