Header

Saturday, November 9, 2013

How To: Relax

It's just been one of those weeks. Getting four hours of sleep a night. Doing homework the teachers have all magically assigned on the same night. And, best of all, finishing college applications (with no help whatsoever from the Common App). It's been a lot of work lately, but everyone needs a little time alone. I'd go crazy...possibly ending up like the people in The Purge.
Here are just some ways I like to de-stress and relax.
edited
source
eating healthy comfort food

Yes, the healthy aspect is important to me as I am not the best at portion sizes... But if you have any self control, then go ahead and enjoy those brownies and ice cream! If you're like me, some of my favorite comfort foods include:


Whole Grain English Muffin Pizza

Healthy Nutella (LOVE) 

Healthy Hot Chocolate 

The recipes are easy to follow, feel nice in the tummy, and are scrumptious.

getting lost in a book


source

I really wish I could read more during the school year. So with the ample time I have (mostly on top of the toilet), I love to read. From romance to mystery to sappy teen beach reads, getting lost in a book is the best way to forget whatever is going in life at the moment. It's an endless abyss of imagination in what I like to call "the book world". We all have that one fictional character we would like to pretend is real...
Here are some of my favorite books at the moment:

Now I'll Tell You Everything - Phyllis Reynolds Naylor

Gone Series - Michael Grant

Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte




those darn addicting television shows

There's really nothing like staying up to date on all of those love triangles or government scandals! Oh the cliffhangers. They really get me every time. I recommend to try these tv shows: 
source

The Blacklist

Arrow

The Vampire Diaries

Pretty Little Liars (like everyone else)

Hart of Dixie

Sigh...the CW is my weakness. Without spending any money, I mainly watch them on On Demand with my family's Comcast subscription, or on a tv network's website such as cwtv.com! Netflix or hulu plus is also a good investment. If all else fails: I rent it from the library.



take a stroll

Sometimes a little piece and quiet is all I need. With the leaves being an abundant of colors, it's always nice to get out of the house just to take a deep breath in the crisp, cold air. I like to walk in surrounding subdivisions where it is not close to the road - away from the noisy cars. These are the times I wish I had a dog...

weheartit

Remember, relaxing is just as important as working. It's all about finding that balance (which is easy to say and hard to do).

Have any other music, tv show, or food suggestions? Tell me on any social media in the left column!

As always, thanks for reading!

Stephanie x



No comments:

Post a Comment