Header

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving: "Food" for Thought

Thanksgiving has to be one of my favorite holidays of the year; and it is not just for the food..I really love the atmosphere and feeling of Thanksgiving. It made me think of this quote:

"When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around," - Willie Nelson

Taking a moment to make a list of the things and people you are thankful for is all it takes. Just look at how long that list is, and be amazed! Not only is Thanksgiving about the scrumptious food, but being grateful and with family.
Source
..And of course black friday. I don't plan on shopping today, but maybe on Friday. I feel like today should be a day reserved for rest and family. I don't like how waiting in line for a good deal can overshadow the meaning of the Thanksgiving. I'm looking at you Walmart!!

My family is more of the laid back type, so we don't really dress up for Thanksgiving. I still wanted to feel in the fall spirit, so this burgundy infinity scarf is perfect with a striped sweater and thick leggings! (The leggings will be comfortable for my food baby)
Eyes - Urban Decay Naked Basics // Lips - Clinique Black Honey
Sweater - Nautica (Men's) // Scarf - a random boutique in NYC // Earrings - Target // 

The food. Much of it was spent prepping the night before by my mom and I so today wasn't that stressful at all! Coming from a Vietnamese family we did have a couple asian dishes along with your typical Thanksgiving meal.

-Asian Spring Rolls
-Papaya Salad
-Coconut Rice
-Coconut and Curry Cauliflower
-Butternut Squash
-Mashed Potatoes
-Stuffing
-Green Beans and Bacon
-Turkey
-Gateau Fondant Aux Poires (French Pear Cake)

Squash
Getting fancy setting the table
Coconut Curry Cauliflower
Roasted Garlic Green Beans
Stuffing w/carrots and celary
The center of attention
1 of 2 plates..
The pear cake before taking it out of the spring pan

I will be posting how to make a couple of my favorite dishes from today in the future! Happy holidays!

See you all soon,
Stephanie x









2 comments: