Header

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

L'oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder Foundation

For the past 6 years that I've been obsessed with makeup, I've never been into wearing foundation. Sure, I love watching people's foundation routines, but for some reason I didn't like the idea of putting it on my skin. It wasn't until this summer when I tried out my first ever foundation, the Maybelline Fit Me Stick Foundation (which is very light), where I am slowly venturing into the foundation world.

I prefer a light coverage for my combination oily skin, since I don't like to see or feel the makeup. My mom actually first bought this on a whim (I do not recommend buying things on whims), and hated it, so she gave it to me. On the bottle, it says to not use any brushes, but I actually prefer to not touch my face. Thankfully I have found the perfect brush!
Real Techniques Buffer Brush          Source
As for the foundation, I was pleasantly surprised. I just dot this all over my face, and blend it in with a real techniques buffer brush. It only takes a minute or two to do so, and it does actually set in a "magical" powder like form. I still do set it with a powder, but a finely milled Makeup Forever one, not a powder foundation. Also, be careful when pouring it out, as it is a super thin liquid and runny! And most importantly, don't forget to shake the bottle as the liquid can separate.
As you can see, it is very thin!
I only use one layer, because this easily sticks to dry patches (moisturize moisturize!), and two layers already looks cakey on me. I would say it has a light to medium coverage overall, that isn't easily build able. This retails for around $13 at most places, which to me is a little more expensive for the drugstore price compared to the $6.95 Maybelline Stick Foundation...nevertheless, I still really adore it. The only negative connotation is the packaging. I cannot stand it. I must pour it out onto the back of my hand because it has no pump and is made of glass packaging.

I would definitely recommend this to family and friends only if they have oily skin, and aren't looking for full coverage. I think this lasts nicely throughout the day, and feels weightless!

Overall Rating: 4/5
Color Selection: 3/5
Photogenic Qualities: 2/5 (turns faces a little bit pink/white!)
Cost: $$


4 comments:

  1. I'd like to see pictures of you wearing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put one up on the thanksgiving post :) I definitely don't recommend flash photography with this by the way haha! Thanks for reading! :)

      Delete
  2. It's a shame it doesn't have a pump, otherwise it seems like a lovely and light weight foundation! :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that would make me very happy!! Haha

      Stephanie x

      Delete