Header

Friday, January 24, 2014

Em Cosmetics by Michelle Phan Lipstick

I received this lipstick as a gift from my cousin around Christmas time and was very excited to try out one of her products! She is a very inspirational person and creates such great content all of the time. The company name "em" means darling or sweetie (I'm also Vietnamese), and I think that is the cutest name!

From first impression, the packaging is very nice and high quality. I love the graphic design on the box and the lipstick casing - it is bright and fresh with her logo and white background. My favorite part is the material that it is made out of because it is study and solid, and doesn't seem like it would break easily when traveling.



The color that I have is called "One True Kiss" and it is called a "creamy color sheer lipstick". It is a nice everyday rosy pink that brightens up my complexion instantly, and would fit most skintones. There are three different types that em cosmetics carries: sheer, classic, and matte lipsticks. I personally don't wear lipstick everyday at school, so I do like the idea of a sheer formula. When I applied it, I was pleasantly surprised at how buildable it was. With two layers, it is pretty opaque for something advertised as "sheer"! With one layer though, it does give a nice tint. The color just glides on, and the consistency is very creamy giving it a glossy finish.


I wore this around the house for a couple hours, including eating time, and it only faded a bit, and didn't dry my lips out at all. I think that this would only have to be reapplied 2 or 3 times throughout the day to keep a fresh color. But because I love the creamy formula, I would definitely apply this more than 3 times just to moisturize.

The price for these runs for $16.50 each which are only available on her website here. To me, I don't like spending a lot of money on higher end products if there are drugstore dupes, but if you wanted to treat yourself or buy this for a friend, these would be perfect!

Overall Rating: 4.5/5 
Color Selection: 3/5 
Cost: $$$ 

As always, thank you for reading!

Stephanie x

No comments:

Post a Comment