Header

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Cowboy Cookies

Today marks the third snow day in a row, and I actually sort of miss school. Weird. Anyway, I have some time on my hands, and my mother recruited me to bake cookies for her potluck at work. She’s been obsessed with Pinterest lately, and she found this recipe: Laura Bush’s Cowboy Cookies! They looked simple but delicious to make.


The cookies themselves were pretty standard to make; cream butter and sugar, add dry to wet ingredients, etc. What I didn't realize was exactly how many cookies that it would exactly make...so I put a portion of the dough in the freezer. The hardest part was definitely mixing the coconut, chocolate chips, oats, and pecans in by hand with a wooden spoon. I am a pretty small person, and it required a good amount of arm strength. The recipe calls for a mixture of both brown and regular sugar which I love, and coconut and chocolate together are one of the best combinations. No doubt about it.





What’s great is that the mix-ins are pretty much up to whatever you have in your pantry. I didn’t have semi-sweet chips so I used 60% cacao chocolate chips, and I didn’t add as much chocolate that the recipe called for. The outcome of the cookies were amazing; the coconut browned nicely in the oven, and the inside was still warm and gooey. I was honestly surprised at how yummy and different they were considering the ingredients are mostly what I already had around the house. I will definitely be making these again (but cutting the recipe in half)! I would highly recommend to try these out.

Here's the recipe I used, thank you Laura Bush.

Thank you for reading,

Stephanie x

2 comments: