Header

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Hope





I'd thought I'd share some thoughts this week on something I believe is pretty important. It's that time of year when final college decisions are being made, and there's possibilities of being rejected. I know that my friends and I have been feeling the pressure hoping to be accepted into our dream school - and that's what prompted me to write about it. I was recently rejected from a school I really wanted to go to, and I had low expectations in the first place. On the other side, one of my best friends had her heart set on a school and wasn't accepted.

With two different situations, I thought I was the lucky one because I wasn't hurt as much. In reality, my best friend was the one who got it right by hoping. I know that in the future, there will be times where hope is the only thing that keeps people going. What would it be like to live life with low expectations? Without hope, people would give up, and with faith and believing, people will always keep trying. I know that this was just about college acceptance letters, but everyone always faces hard times. I think that it's the ones who still hope after being hurt who are the strongest.


See you soon,
Stephanie x

ps. Next week I will be on a road trip from Michigan to Alabama, and I can't wait to share it with you!

all photos are from weheartit!

2 comments:

  1. I always had low expectations, also because I thought that way I would get hurt the least. But like you said, you should never give up hope, faith and believing. It's so important!
    Oh and have fun on your road trip, I can't wait to see your pictures! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I can't wait to share them with you! I'm glad you enjoyed this post! :)

      Delete