Header

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Simple Dinner - Corn Pasta and Kielbasa!


On school nights, there's always little time to prepare a healthy and delicious meal. So when my mom and I make something like this, we make a lot. I have never tried corn pasta before, and we bought a big box that came with four packages. I'm not a huge fan of the typical pasta, but I love the brown rice pasta from Trader Joe's. I found that when cooking this, you really have to keep a look out on the pasta while boiling it because it can go from perfectly al dente to mush in seconds. Otherwise, I quite liked the corn pasta!

With the Kielbasa, I have only eaten this a couple of times in the past, but you can always substitue or eliminate the protein in this recipe. I'm sure chicken, shrimp, or beef would be delicious as well. ANd trust me, this recipe is very simple but yummy. With a side salad, this is the perfect meal!

Ingredients
Pasta - I used Fusilli Corn Pasta
Kielbasa (optional)
Onions
Olive Oil (or coconut oil)
Sea Salt + Pepper
Desired Seasoning (I love Mrs.Dash)
Parmesan Cheese

Directions:

-Boil water and add pasta. While the pasta is cooking, cook Kielbasa in a skillet with olive oil and brown both sides.
-Add onions to the skillet and cook until caramelized and translucent. (my favorite!)
-Drain pasta and put a single portion on a serving plate. Drizzle with olive oil, add seasonings and cheese.
-Finally, add the kielbasa and onions!

I keep the rest of the plain pasta in the fridge and warm it up with some tomato sauce or the exact same recipe as above. I hope you enjoyed my first non dessert recipe on the blog! Thanks for reading :)

See you soon,
Stephanie x




5 comments:

  1. I have nominated you for the Liebster Award.

    Details here:
    http://pumpkinemilysmiles.blogspot.com/2014/03/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pasta and this looks so good!
    And I really like the first picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aah i'm hungry, it looks SO good.

    ReplyDelete