Header

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Apple Cinnamon Havarti Grilled Cheese

My friends and I have been hanging out before we all head off to college, and usually we would go out to Panera, but I thought we could save some money and just make our own lunch! One of my good friends Melissa made this amazing sandwich, and it was the first time I had ever tried it. It's pretty easy to make, but the combination of sweet and savory is perfect. She said her grandma made it for her, and that's where this recipe comes from. I know that I'll definitely be making this all summer for picnics. It was also actually the first time I've ever had havarti cheese, and she just bought it from the local grocery store pre-sliced. I think it has the perfect texture for sandwiches, especially for melting!


Serves 2
Ingredients:
-1 medium pink lady apple
-2 slices of havarti cheese
-4 slices of your favorite bread
-cinnamon
-butter

Directions
  1. Slice the apple into thin wedges and cook in one tablespoon of butter and the desired amount of cinnamon. Butter the slices of bread.
  2. Remove the apple slices and in the same pan, place one slice of bread butter side down and put a slice of cheese on top. Next, put a couple of apple slices on the sandwich and place the second slice of bread butter side up.
  3. Once the bottom is golden brown, carefully flip the sandwich over (it's always a little scary haha) and finish cooking until the other side is golden brown as well. Keep a careful watch.
  4. Remove from pan and enjoy!!!
I can't believe how much I loved this because when she told me what was in it, I didn't think the ingredients went together. But trust me - your tummy will thank you. With a side of fresh fruit and chips, this is a yummy summer lunch!

See you soon,
Stephanie



4 comments:

  1. I'm going to try this now! I love mixing 'odd' bits of food together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck :) And yeah me too next time i think I'll add some ham haha

      Delete
  2. Okay, this looks delicious. I've never had havarti cheese, but I'm pinning this now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you enjoy this as much as I did :)

      Delete