Header

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Outfit // Center Stage







Recently, I had my last ever orchestra concert and it's tradition that seniors have the option to play a solo. I'm definitely not one who loves the spotlight, but I thought that this is the last time, so why not? Getting up on stage was so nerve racking and I now understand what stage fright is, but it was all worth it.

I actually bought this dress last year from Carson's because it was marked down, but I finally had somewhere to wear it. It's a beautiful taupe color with lace and shimmery gold. It hits below the knee, has a full tulle skirt, and an empire waist which I love. I needed a longer dress because I sit while playing the cello and it's very awkward to wear a short dress while sitting down (you don't want to know). Actually, one of my favorite parts of the outfit are the earrings that I bought at a local grocery store. Yeah, a grocery store - I was surprised to find lots of beautiful, affordable accessories there at a place called Horrock's. They're little tigers at the stud that connect to the teardrop diamond and I am obsessed. I loved them so much I also wore them to prom (which will be my next fashion post coming very soon)!

Dress - Jessica Howard (sold out) similar
Nude Heels - Steve Madden 
Earrings - local similar

See you soon,
Stephanie x




2 comments:

  1. Sometimes you find the best things in the most unexpected places, those earrings are perfect for that gorgeous dress! Glad to see you conquered your fear (maybe not fear, just nervousness lol but you know what I mean!)
    Miche from Buttons and Birdcages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love finding little treasures haha and thanks - maybe I'll be more adventurous more often :)
      Thanks for reading!

      Delete