Header

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Avocado Tomato Breakfast Sandwich







I always like finding new things to eat for breakfast because it is the best meal of the day. Avocados are filled with healthy fats and protein - I especially love eating a filling breakfast like this before exercising or helping out at the local tennis camp. This sandwich would be delicious with or without an egg, and it adds lots of protein and flavor. I thought to make a creamy spread to contrast with the flavors and it was surprisingly yummy. When I'm in a hurry I don't make the yogurt mayo spread and it's still delicious! Basically all of the recipes on the blog are easy because I want you to add or take away ingredients that you do or don't enjoy! I hope you enjoyed this simple idea to change up the usual cereal or oatmeal every morning.

Ingredients:
2 sllices of whole grain toast
1 egg
1 teaspoon of coconut oil
1/2 an avocado
1 small tomato
1 teaspoon greek yogurt
1 teaspoon mayo
lawry's salt (desired seasoning) + pepper

Directions:
  1. With one half of an avocado mash it up with a fork and slice a tomato into small slices.
  2. In a small bowl mix the yogurt, mayo, salt, and pepper. 
  3. With the coconut oil, fry one egg. Assemble all of the ingredients and spread the avocado onto a slice of toast. Put the tomato and egg on top, and finish with the second slice of toast spread with the yogurt and mayo.
  4. Enjoy!

Recently, I've been loving trying out new ingredients and recipes so expect much more summer recipes in the future!

See you soon,
Stephanie 

No comments:

Post a Comment