Header

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

All About Confidence - feat. The Editor of Girlzone

If there's one thing that I love, it's strong female role models. They inspire me everyday and make me believe that I can achieve my own goals too. I was especially excited when Erica Portillo, the editor of Girl Zone reached out to me. Girlzone.com is a place where any girl can get advice about fashion, fitness, food, and anything else you can think of. I really wish I had known about it earlier (especially during those awkward middle school years!). Very recently, Girl Zone has just come out with an app with quizzes, facts, games, and prizes. And the whole time you are having fun, you're learning new things that are good for your mind, body, and soul. My favorite part is that the app is completely free and you can enter for a ton a prizes! Here is where you can download the app (Apple, Google Play, and Amazon), and for a list of all the prizes, click here to see everything from h&m to iTunes!
What is your favorite thing about Girlzone.com?
I love that Girl Zone has something for everyone! We cover fashion, beauty, music, movies, current events, technology, relationship advice, fitness, and more. There are so many sites for teens that don't always make girls feel their best-the unrealistic photoshopped models and sometimes oversexualized content can just be too much. Girl Zone wants girls to strive to be THEIR best and feel beautiful from the inside out. We have a new site GZ Health and a new App that we're super excited about! They promote having a healthy body & mind..and discovering who you are. 
What to you is the most important thing for self confidence?
Self confidence is believing in yourself and having an opinion, it's not allowing others to treat you badly. Self confidence is attractive! Friends will be drawn to you and crushes will take note, too. So, start building your confidence by noticing the positive things about yourself. What do you like about yourself? Your hair, your eyelashes, your sense of humor, your kind heart? Too often, girls are quick to point out their flaws and things they hate about themselves. You can change that! Instead, wake up and tell yourself 3 things you love about yourself and your life. Start your day out right. Change the negative thoughts by practicing positive ones! Post positive affirmations on your mirror, in your bedroom, or in your locker-little notes that remind you "You're gorg!".
(weheartit)
What's your favorite part of the Girl Zone Challenge App?
I like the challenge that has girls post pics of themselves working out or cooking healthy to FB, Instagram or Twitter. The quizzes are fun, too, cause we all like to find out more about ourselves. And let's be honest, the best part is you can win some cool prizes! ;) 
What's your opinion on summer flings?
Summer is the perfect time to be out and about doing fun things, so it makes it so much easier to meet someone new. Hanging at the beach, in line at Starbucks, or at the mall...there are so many opportunities since everyone's off school. Go into a summer relationship with a fun and positive outlook that it may not last forever, but you can have an amazing summer together!
What's your favorite healthy, summer snack?
Fruit is my fave and makes me happy. :) If I want my snack to seem more like a dessert, I trick myself with this healthy, yet yummy treat-frozen yogurt covered fruit snacks.  http://caligreenmama.blogspot.com/2012/03/frozen-yogurt-covered-fruits-simple.html
And lastly, what do you wish you could tell your teen self?
Oh, man, that could take awhile! I wish I would have spoken up and not worried so much. I didn't have a lot of confidence and I was too embarrassed/shy to ever talk to my parents or a trusted adult about how I was feeling. They could have given me some great advice cause they've been through it all. Talking to your friends about your problems is a great outlet, but they don't always have the experience to really help. 

I've learned that life has it's ups and downs. Worrying & stressing about it does absolutely nothing, except make you feel terrible and negative, so STOP! Take a breath and have faith that things will turn out all right...they almost always do.

Ahhhh and the BIGGEST lesson I wish I could tell my teen self who spent so many nights crying over guys (who were so not worth it) is to be patient. The right person will come along someday, but you never know when. If your current love interest is causing you more unhappiness and tears than making you feel loved- its simple-He's not the one. So, move on! It will take time, but you WILL get over him. You deserve to be with someone who respects you and makes you smile.

Loved chatting with you all! If you have a question for me, email me at gzadvisor@girlzone.com. xo    

Erica Portillo
Girl Zone Editor

Thanks again to Erica for so much great advice (especially about those confusing boys) :) Don't forget to check out GirlZone and download the app for some awesome prizes!

See you soon,
Stephanie


*This post was not sponsored in any way - I just love the message that Girl Zone stands for!
Sources:1 2


No comments:

Post a Comment