Header

Thursday, September 11, 2014

College Journal #1 - New Beginnings + I'm In Love..

Ahhh it has been WAY too long since my last blog post-I've been busy with the whole "college" thing, and sometimes it's still hard to believe that I'll never be back at high school again living at home.

Since I've moved in, I've been trying to adjust to two hour lectures, classes filled with hundreds of people, and seeing thousands of different people everyday. It's a whole new world even though where I go, I'm only an hour away from home.

I'm learning to love walks by myself.
Oddly enough only a week after I moved in, my cousin called me and asked if I wanted to go to the One Direction and 5 Seconds of Summer concert in Chicago. If you read my last post,  you know I was able to attend a couple months ago, and I couldn't have asked for anything better. It was very last minute, but it was nice to be home for the weekend, and to see some of my FAVORITE musicians again. I hate to admit it, but it has to be one of the best nights of my life...oops. I REALLY love them. Oh, and go check out my amazing cousin with her handmade jewelry company as well - her pieces are gorgeous!

-All pictures from the concert were videos that I took screenshots of, and then edited on vsco! It was quite a process...

Honestly, when I think about my college, I think about just how BIG it really is. One thing that I do miss is how close all of my classes were in high school. I actually can't stress that enough because four days a week I have a class that's one mile away...that means I walk one mile there and one mile back - it takes even longer when it rains, and I don't even want to think about what's going to happen in the winter! The upside is that I know I'm getting in much more cardio than usual to burn off all of that dining hall ice cream.


Speaking of exercise, I haven't been able to play tennis in weeks, but I just signed up to be in a tournament with my brother!! I am so excited to play again because it really reminds me of home. Basically the only exercise I've been doing is running through campus because it's filled with so many little roads, sidewalks, and trails that makes it so enjoyable. It's definitely a new thing for me because I'm so used to running on a treadmill indoors, but I really love using the Nike running app. I really want to get back into doing strength exercises because I like variety, and I can feel myself becoming weaker and less able to do core exercises or anything with the upper body.

I hope you enjoyed this little update in my life, and I'm glad this is a place where I can really post about whatever is on my mind at the moment. For those of you in school, I hope everything is going well so far - happy studies! (If that's possible)

Stephanie x

-All photos were taken on my trusty iPhone 5c :)



4 comments:

  1. I am so happy you are loving college; it looks like so much fun!

    xoxo,
    Carrie
    http://carrieonblogs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks carrie, you're so sweet!

      stephanie x

      Delete