Header

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Fall Link-up - Styling A Fall Scarf

I was so excited when Jamie, The Fashion Newcomer, invited me to participate in the Fall Link-Up! As you know, it is my favorite season, and what better way to celebrate than with a whole post dedicated to Fall?! This is my first link-up ever, and I love the idea of discovering new blogs. Anyone can participate!

The theme for this link-up is how to style a scarf for fall, and I love this accessory for this time of year!


I bought this scarf awhile ago during a school trip to NYC, and I remember bartered for this in a random shop in china town knowing I just had to get it. I'm so glad I did because it's so soft, versatile, and best of all, warm.

top: sonoma (similar)
leggings: DKNY (similar)
sweater: aero-bethany mota (not available online, but I just bought this instores; similar)
scarf: local NYC shop (similar)
boots: zigi soho (exact)
rings: turquoise - local; (similar) thin gold rings -H&M (exact)
bag: fossil

Now for a couple of my favorite fall things..
My Favorite Fall Trend - Dark Lips
I think deep colored lips are stunning. Even though I don't wear lip products that often, tinted lips are great for on the go!

laura mercier - scarlett passion
 My Favorite Fall Starbucks Drink - Salted Caramel Mocha
Honestly, I don't go to Starbucks all that often, but salted caramel is one of my favorite flavors in anything. From ice cream to a warm drink, the sweet and salty combination is a good balance.

My Go-To Boots - Combat Boots
I was pretty stuck on whether I liked riding boots or combat boots more, but I wear my combat boots all the time. I love wearing them with skinny jeans or leggings and a comfy sweater. They're a little more edgier, and taller boots make me look much shorter.

Favorite Fall Activity - Eating Fall Foods
One of my favorite holidays is during fall - Thanksgiving! It's such a great time for food to bring together to many people, and it's so much fun to eat amazing homemade food. My favorites are sweet potatoes and stuffing! I also can't forget that fall is a time to go apple picking and spend a day with great company drinking warm cider and eating freshly made cinnamon donuts. I just love it so much.
Check out these super healthy apple ring pancakes!
I hope you enjoyed this fall themed post because it made me SO excited for Thanksgiving! Don't forget to check out Carrie and Laura as they are participating in the link-up too! 

All the best,

Stephanie x

12 comments:

  1. Stephanie I LOVED your outfit! I need that shirt, cardigan, and scarf combination in my closet ASAP. I'm obsessed with elephants which makes the whole thing even better! I totally agree that eating fall foods is one of the best activities - cider/cinnamon donuts are also a favorite of mine! Thank you so much for participating, I really appreciate it :)
    xoxo, Jamie
    http://www.thefashionnewcomer.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Jamie for inviting me! I had lots of fun! :)

      -Stephanie

      Delete
  2. I am OBSESSED with your shirt... I love elephants! Love the cardigan, turquoise ring, and red scarf too! Actually, I just need this whole outfit lol!
    xo, Scarlett
    The Trendy Chick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love elephants too :) Thank you!!

      -Stephanie

      Delete
  3. I love your outfit! That pop of color with the scarf and lips are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw that made me smile :) thanks elizabeth!

      -Stephanie

      Delete
  4. I NEED your outfit in my life!! Your outfit is so effortless and so cute, and I love the color of the scarf! So happy you could join the linkup!

    xoxo,
    Carrie
    http://carrieonblogs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie! I absolutely loved your outfit too!

      -Stephanie

      Delete
  5. I loved your outfit!! The bright colored scarf is a perfect compliment to the rest of the neutral outfit. I too am a huge Thanksgiving fan, and am now craving a fall feast! Thanks for participating in the link-up :) Xoxo, Laura
    http://insaneandplain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY Thanksgiving! Thanks Laura!

      -Stephanie

      Delete
  6. Such sweet photos. You look great!

    www.blondeincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much that means a lot! :)

      -Stephanie

      Delete