Header

Saturday, November 8, 2014

{Handwritten Letters}

Since I've been at college, I like to write little updates to friends or family whenever I have downtime. I just think it's a nice change from a quick text/email to have something tangible to hold. It's fun to use my favorite pens and cute notecards from Target, and to seal the envelope. I definitely  don't go all out with my stationary - I've just been using left-over cards from my graduation party and my favorite gel pens!

Of course, if I had some extra money I'd for SURE spend it on some cute stationary like this!
my favorite motto: simple is always better!
There's something refreshing about a handwritten letter compared to a typed email, and I think everyone can agree. With such a fast paced world where many people are wrapped up in social media (myself included), letters have a certain quality and sweetness to them. I mean, people take the time to read those birthday cards before they open the presents, right?
I also love decorating the envelope like I did for my friend Anna!
I actually just bought this box for 50 cents, but I can only imagine how cute the post cards were. And these are the pens I use -  the Pilot G2 brand that can be found at almost any store :)
Next time you have any extra time, think about writing to a family member, friend, or someone you haven't talked to in awhile to let them know you've been thinking of them...and maybe they just might write you back.

Love always,
Stephanie

Ps. I thought this article was cute in why handwritten letters are much, much better than any technology.

4 comments:

  1. Awhh... handwritten letters really are cute, and I know I get excited every time mail comes for me. Thanks for the inspiration!

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I get excited to check my mail haha!

      Delete
  2. I love handwritten mail too! ^_^ It hold much of sentimental value as a reader and giver ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! Thanks for commenting :)

      Stephanie x

      Delete