Header

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Olay Dew Over Gel Moisturizer

Wow, it's been way too long since I have done a product review! I know I'm always on the lookout for new skincare items to try out (a bonus if it's from the drugstore), and I just had to talk about this one.


Surprisingly, I didn't really look at reviews before buying this, because I will usually go on my phone at the store to see if it generally has positive or negative reviews. It caught my eye because I love gel moisturizers having tried a sample of the Clinique Extended Thirst Relief (it's a little pricey), and was hoping it would be similar.


The packaging is very simple and clean, just being made of plastic. One thing that goes for any moisturizer in a jar though, is that it is unsanitary since you'll be continually dipping into it spread germs. It's easy to fix with just a little makeup spatula, but it can be inconvenient and easy to forget to use sometimes.


The actual color is almost like a mint pastel shade, but when blended in, it dries clear. It does dries very, VERY fast, which I personally like, but if you have really dry skin (I have combination), it probably won't be moisturizing enough to use at night. For the daytime, it's nice since I don't have to wait for it to absorb before I apply my makeup!

Of course, the name "dew" over is too cute! What's your favorite moisturizer?

Overall Rating: 4/5  
Cost: $ (around $11 depending on the store)

See you soon,
Stephanie


2 comments:

  1. I really, really didn't like this moisturizer! It wasn't, well, moisturizing... haha. Hopefully it works out better for you :)

    xo,
    Marissa
    www.makinitwithmarissa.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I totally understand what you mean. It works best for me when my skin is on the oily side!

      Stephanie x

      Delete