Header

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Thanksgiving Festivities

I hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving! I always enjoy cooking with my parents, and seeing a couple of my extended family members. Since Thanksgiving break is pretty short, we usually stay in town, and my family is not one to dress up - it's all pretty casual.

Before I get onto the best part (the food), I of course have to mention only a few of the countless things I am thankful for. 
-My wonderful family and friends
-Being able to go to college
-Music, books, tv shows, and movies that inspire
-Anyone who reads my blog!

It's nice to be especially thankful for one day to remind me to be thankful for all of the other days. 


Vietnamese soy rice, hoisin chicken, and salad as mini appetizers until the rest of the food is done!
broccoli and cauliflower casserole (the first time my mom made it - it was easy and delicious!)
I was in charge of the salad - broccoli and spinach w/ a homemade honey dijon dressing
Yum. The wings got a little burnt because after tucking them in, they became loose while cooking (it was still SO delicious).
My personal favorite is always the stuffing!
I was also in charge of dessert (if anyone is still hungry?), and I made this super simple "blueberry pizza" using some frozen blueberries we picked last summer. I'll be sure to post this recipe that is my family's go-to, and it only has six ingredients!
I still can't believe Thanksgiving has come and gone. Which means it's only one step closer to Christmas (!!!). 

All the Best,
Stephanie 

4 comments:

  1. Yum! All your food looks delicious! Can't wait to see the recipe for the blueberry pizza, sounds tasty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Awesome I can't wait to make it again over winter break! Only 2 weeks until the recipe will be posted :)

      Stephanie xo

      Delete
  2. Yum! Hopefully you can cook something for us at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete