Header

Monday, December 29, 2014

Addicting Honey Chex Mix

Gah. I have no words for this guilty and addicting snack. I eat it every year, and whenever my mom and I make a batch it's gone only a day or two!

It requires simple ingredients, and is pretty easy to make. This would absolutely be perfect for New Year's Eve in a pretty bowl at a party, orrrrrr next to my laptop while I re-watch One Tree Hill in bed. I'd say they're both pretty good options.








Ingredients:
1 box of chex cereal (I used crispix)
2 cups mini pretzels
1 cup unsalted nuts
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 honey
1 1/3 cup brown sugar
10 T of butter (1 stick + 2 T)

Directions:
- In a large microwavable bowl, mix together cereal, pretzels, and nuts.
- On medium heat in a large sauce pan, combine butter, sugar, and honey - do not stir. Boil for 5 minutes and then remove from heat. Add vanilla and now stir.
-Pour liquid over cereal mixture and stir until evenly coated. (Be careful it is VERY hot!)
-Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes and then stir. Microwave for 1 more minute and stir. Pour the mix onto a cookie sheet and let cool. While it is almost done cooling break into small pieces and enjoy!

Aren't these adorable as a gift?

I hope you enjoyed this recipe! My mom told me she got the recipe from an old co-worker years ago, and we've been making it ever since. Let me know if you try this out!

No comments:

Post a Comment