Header

Saturday, December 13, 2014

College Journal #3 [Blogmas Day #1]

Happy Blogmas day #1! I'll be blogging everyday until Christmas, counting down the twelve days until my favorite holiday!

It's pretty crazy that I'm writing this from home. Today is my first official day of winter break, and I'll be home for four weeks, a MUCH needed break. I'm relieved that finals are finally over, but I'm going to miss everyone that I've met so far!

Winter formal!
College classes are weird. For me, the classes are just as hard as high school material wise, but there's much more pressure because of how much a final weighs your grade. Experiencing my first finals week was pretty interesting- practically everyone was stressed out, and every night during finals week at midnight, everyone screams! I've learned your grade in college is all up to you, and hard work pays off. The last night of finals, my friends and I got some delicious insomnia cookies to celebrate.

A big part of this first semester was meeting people and finding friendships. I think that's the scariest part because the last time I've been with new people have been in elementary or middle school. Thankfully my roommate has become such a great friend, and I've also met so many amazing people in my bible study!

It's so weird that I'm already half way through freshman year, and I already know where I'm leaving on campus next year. Whoa.

My roommate kendall!

 At the timeflies concert- they're amazing live.

I'll be seeing you tomorrow for blogmas day #2! I'm so excited to be posting everyday AND counting down for Christmas. What could be better?!

Love,
Stephanie


2 comments:

  1. Insomnia cookies are always a good choice! I had some on Thursday to celebrate finals finally being all over. Congratulations on making it through your first semester!! So happy to see you loving MSU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I've only been there a couple of times but the cookies were SO warm and delicious! Thank you!! It was a tough semester, but I already can't wait to go back!

      Delete