Header

Monday, December 22, 2014

Giving Back


via
There are so many ways to give back to the community, no matter how small or large. Even saying please or thank you, and asking how someone's day is can make someone smile. Especially during the holiday season, it's extra important to remind ourselves of the goodness of this time of year. We can all can get stuck in the thoughts of me me me, and not looking at what we already have.  So here are plenty of ideas to give back with your friends or family - maybe you'll find something that can extend past the holidays to the rest of the year! All of these ideas can work for kids to adults and from small families to businesses! 
  1. Volunteer at a local food pantry
  2. Help out a neighbor
  3. Clean out your closet and donate unwanted clothes
  4. Donate toys for Toys for Tots
  5. Bring food to a local fire station
  6. Instead of presents, ask people to bring food to donate instead
Last week, my mom and I went to Kids' Foot Basket, a local organization that makes sack lunches/dinners for kids. As a part of her work, we made sandwiches, and it was so much fun. That's probably my favorite place to volunteer and I hope to go there in the future. I hope this has helped!

2 comments: