Header

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes

Right when I got home over Thanksgiving break, the first thing I wanted to do was cook! After being cooped up in my dorm room with a microwave and defective fridge, I really missed making my own meals. Even though Thanksgiving just ended, I can't let go of my craving for pumpkin just yet.


Breakfast is by far my favorite meal, and I knew that these pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes would hit the spot. Today's recipe is based off of this pancake recipe that I posted a couple of months ago, and it continues to be my go to healthy breakfast.

It doesn't look appetizing yet...just you wait. (The lumps are from the oat flour which I could've blended a bit longer!)
Other than chocolate chips, I think walnut and coconut would also be delicious.
I use coconut oil instead of butter and it gives a gorgeous golden brown crust.

Ingredients:
-1/3 cup pumpkin puree
-1/8th tsp. baking soda
-1/3 cup oat flour
-1 egg
-1/4 cup greek yogurt
-sweetener of choice (I used honey)

Optional: chocolate chips, walnuts, cinnamon, banana..get creative!

1. If you don't own oat flour already, you can make if yourself! I use 1/2 cup oats in my Ninja blender until it's smooth.

2. Add all of the ingredients except the chocolate chips and coconut oil and blend. Then, pour batter or use spoon onto a greased pan with the desired size (I like them smaller!). Then sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Cook until golden brown and flip.

3. Serve with desired toppings like pure maple syrup, cream cheese, or fruit and ENJOY!

I was so happy to be able to do another recipe post, and when I go home for winter break in a couple of weeks, I am definitely doing more!

All the best,
Stephanie

4 comments:

  1. Oh yum! These look so good! I never ended up making pumpkin pancakes this fall, but I guess it's not too late now :). I still have a can of pumpkin puree waiting to be used!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's never too late :)

      Stephanie xo

      Delete
  2. I am right there with you on the cooking over break! As soon as I got home I went grocery shopping so I could cook a few of my favorite dishes. These pancakes look delish, I'll add them to my "To Cook" list over winter break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I can't wait to grocery shop too! Thanks, Katie!

      Stephanie xo

      Delete