Header

Friday, January 23, 2015

How I Clean My Makeup Brushes


Here it is, the dreaded but much needed task of washing makeup brushes. Supposedly, brushes are meant to be washed every couple of weeks, but that task is often pushed aside. I've cleaned my brushes a couple of different ways, but I find this to be the easiest (and fastest) method to get the job done! 

First, I use Johnson's Baby Shampoo, and put a quarter sized drop into the palm of my hand. Taking my makeup brush, I run it under lukewarm water (making sure to only get water on the bristles) and swirl it into the baby shampoo. Next, rinse the brush, and repeat using the shampoo until the water runs clear! I wash all of my dense brushes first, like foundation and powder brushes, and then the smallest ones last.

To dry them, I make sure the brushes are elevated and pointed downward so the water drains out of the brush and doesn't loosen the glue and the brushes don't shed. Usually, it only takes overnight for them to dry completely, and they always keep their shape which is important!

As you can see, most of the brushes I use are from Real Techniques because they're AMAZING and affordable! What are your favorite makeup brushes?

6 comments:

  1. I am so bad about washing my makeup brushes. I always say I'll do it consistently and never do! I use Bare Minerals brushes but I am going to check out the Real Techniques- I need more variety!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always heard Bare Minerals brushes are really nice! Yeah I definitely don't wash them as much as I should too haha :)

      Delete
  2. Wow I definitely need to wash my brushes more! I love Real Techniques too :) Have you tried the Duo Fiber ones? So nice :)

    Thanks for sharing!

    Beth x

    themiscmusings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I have not tried them yet, but I will definitely be looking into it! Thank you, Beth!

      Delete
  3. I should really clean mine more often too, haha! :) I use the same Johnson's baby shampoo too. I love how it works!

    Madeline | Cappuccino and Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's so cheap and still gets the job done :) Thanks for reading, Madeline! x

      Delete