Header

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Knitting For The Cool Kids

The older, the wiser, right? I think grandmothers, great aunts, and  have got it going on with all of the knitting and crocheting - and now I see why. I just learned how to knit a couple of months ago, and its strangely therapeutic. I know some people believe that it can be "uncool", but I beg to differ. 
Here are a couple of reasons why:
1. I don't feel like I'm wasting time. Instead of just watching television, I'm watching television and knitting at the same time...I'm always working on a new project or gift for someone.

2. They make great gifts! Who doesn't like receiving a homemade gift that took hours to make? It really makes it special.

3. Be a fashion designer. Trying to buy scarf? Is your infinity scarf too big or small? Like I've heard before, if you want something done, you've got to do it yourself. 
4. It'll put you into a chill mood. After a long day of classes and homework, there's nothing better than listening to some 8tracks and knitting at the same time. 
5. Bond with your buddies. A girl who lives on my floor with me taught me how to knit (shoutout to Elise), and sometimes a friend and I will just chat (gossip?) and knit like a couple of old ladies. Good times, good times.
A really helpful channel--->How to Knit 
So far, I only know how to make simple infinity scarves, but it's pretty cool when someone asks me where I bought my scarf from. After being sick all week, I'm glad it's something I can still do while bed ridden!
Are there any little hobbies you think people should learn?

2 comments:

  1. I knitted once in my life and yeah... I mostly did it while watching TV and it was definitely relaxing :))

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. totally! It does take a long time though haha

      Delete