Header

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Life Is A Good Book

"I think of life as a good book. The further you get into it, the more it makes sense," - Harold Kushner
 As mentioned in my Project 10 Pan post, here's the second project I hope to complete by next year. This one will be very hard to do, but it'll still be fun (I think) . For the inner nerd in me, my goal this year is to read 50 books. I was inspired by Goodreads.com, where I like to read reviews of books after I have finished them. So far, I've read three books,  and I'm currently reading one for my writing class which I actually like! 

I used to read ALL the time when I was younger, and I haven't been as much in the past couple of years. Not only is it important and good for you, but it's so relaxing and can immediately make you forget any of the stresses of everyday life.  Here are two books I've read to far:

Ashes to Ashes by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian
This is the last book in a trilogy all about getting revenge on people's mistakes. I'm someone who has to finish a book series once started, and although I read it fairly quickly, the ending didn't do it for me. I would still however recommend this series because the first two books were much better in my opinion! 3/5
via
To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han
This was a New York Times bestseller, and one of my friends was raving about this book. It's your typical teen romance novel, and it was a pretty good read with a couple annoyences with the main character that can be forgotten about. The couple in the novel are pretty adorable together, but there's a definite cliffhanger in the end - I'll be waiting until June for the next book. 4/5 
via 
Both of these I read over winter break were by the same author, but that's just because Jenny Han is a writer I like to read when I want something fast but enjoyable - nothing that requires too much thinking. Hopefully, I will be able to read 48 books by the end of they year, but I'll guess we will see if the inner nerd and me can accomplish it. 

Join in on the reading goal HERE!! Also, let me know of any book recommendations :)

10 comments:

  1. To all the boys iv loved before, is totally on my must read list.

    Meg | Meghan Silva's Blog
    @MeghanSSilva on Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm I'll have to check this out!
    Great post!
    ~Sophia
    http://plaidismyfavouritecolour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great goal! 48 books is a lot, best of luck! <3

    http://www.skinnybelle.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah we will see if I even come close haha! Thanks for reading, Robyn!

      Delete
  4. I love Jenny Han!! I don't think Ashes for Ashes quite did it for me either. I mean, it ended so abruptly. And the final couple just wasn't right, but I guess it was too. I don't know. It was crazy. But To All The Boys I've Loved Before is definitely adorable. Jenny Han really does write books that are quick and require minimal thinking. They're happy books <3

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! Although I will definitely be reading her future works because yes - they are all happy books. :)

      Delete
  5. Okay so I've followed you on twitter for months, but for some reason I've never gotten to your blog, and I LOVE it. I also love reading and really need to do it more often. Life always tends to get in the way, and reading is the thing that gets placed on the back burner. I've told myself I need to read more in general this year, but I'm also trying to include books that will better me/ books that are just good books to read when you're growing up. I love the idea of setting a book goal, and Jenny Han is definitely one of my favorites! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, that's exactly how I feel. Reading is so great, but it always seems to be pushed aside. Oh my Katherine you are so sweet, thanks for the comment!

      Delete