Header

Monday, January 19, 2015

The time is always right to do what is right

via
I thought a perfect way to spend quiet time on a day off from school would be to reflect on what this day means to me. It always astounds me that someone like Martin Luther King Jr. was so inspiring decades ago, but continues to be just as inspiring to new generations for years to come. Everything he believed was for the greater good, and the only word I can express that Dr. King describes is love


I know there are some controversies surrounding his life, but to me, the most important aspect is how powerful his words remain today. Love is what he believed in, preaching the Gospel, and incorporating that into his speeches and inspiration for others (how AMAZING is that?) . Even if you are not religious, everyone can be connected through the same ideal that non violence is the way to go, because it's free of hate. I absolutely will always believe in that.


So every year, today is just another spark to keep doing good. One of my favorite quotes from Dr. King (besides the one as the title), is "Life's most persistent question is, "What are you doing for others?"". I think it's so important to keep that ideal and use it in everyday life - not just for today. Love yourself. Love your friends and family. Love others. Love your enemies. Also, if you're interested check out Galatians 3:28, I really appreciate it for today.


All my love (and then some),
Ps. I just saw the movie Selma, and I HIGHLY recommend it to everyone. 

2 comments:

  1. Martin Luther King Jr really is an inspiring man, and most hope to do as much for others as he did. I think it's nice that you're encouraging people to do what's right for a change.

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I hope very soon there'll be the same amount of inspiration as there was 50 years ago!

      Delete