Header

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

5 Artists I Love

With two exams this week, I've been doing much more studying than usual, and it can be SO boring to sit at a desk for hours at a time. Practically all of the work I need to do is on the computer, and it can be hard to stay focused without going on the slippery slope of distractions. To keep myself in check I listen to music - one of my favorite things in the whole wide world. Recently, I've discovered some new artists that I just had to share!

Bad Suns
Every time I listen to any their songs, it immediately makes me feel like I'm in a montage of some indie movie. Their music makes me so so happy, and how crazy is it that the lead singer is only 19? 
Current Favorite Song: We Move Like The Ocean

Astronomyy
I don't know much about the artist themselves, but I discovered him on soundcloud. This is definitely some prime studying music that's laid back, but still keeping you awake!
Current Favorite Song: Swim Deeper 

Halsey
I've been listen to Halsey for awhile now, and her EP Room 93 was too good. She recently announced that she'll be opening for Imagine Dragons which kinda makes wanna go! Her voice kinda reminds me of Ellie Goulding, and did I mention she's absolutely beautiful?
Current Favorite Song: Is There Somewhere

City and Colour
Mhmm, all I think about when I hear his music is waking up at 10am when it's all sunny out. The acoustic guitar and amazing lyrics just get to me, and I would recommend his music to anyone no matter what kind of music they like.
Current Favorite Song: Sleeping Sickness

Ryn Weaver
I only know a couple of her songs, but Sail On was so great that I had to mention her on here. She's more on the pop side, and her music is the feel-good type.
Current Favorite Song: Sail On


Studying can stink sometimes, and listening to music makes it a thousand times better. I hope you enjoy the rest of your week! 

10 comments:

  1. I actually can't study while listening to music. But I do feel as if all the artists I listen to are too mainstream, so I'll be checking these ones out. Good luck with your studying!!


    I've also nominated you for the Infinite Dreams award! Here's the link: http://thelyfoflittleme.blogspot.com.au/2015/02/a-bundle-of-questions-answers-and-facts.html

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome I hope you like them! And thanks for the nomination!

      Delete
  2. I love listening to music while studying, too! When I don't have something playing in the background I tend to doze off... Haha! Good luck with your exams! x

    x Francesca of http://primpandpaper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Francesca! Yeah I do fall asleep easily too haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of any of these and will definitely be checking out some more of their songs, especially Astronomyy! Good luck with your exams - I'm sure they will go fine!

    www.luciaflorence.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been listening to "sleep time" playlists on Spotify while I study lately - sounds like a bad idea, but the calming music keeps me from getting too distracted. Love your suggestions - I'll have to check them out!

    Kelly
    Ohio Stripes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely have to agree! Thanks Kelly I hope ya enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete