Header

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Studying in College



The perfect study environment is definitely hard to find, especially since I go to a big school where people are everywhere. And I have to give thanks to WeWork for giving me the idea for this post. They've been named the 15th most innovative company, and I love how their coworking spaces help out small businesses - something that I am a sucker for. 


Thankfully, I have found two spots that are my go-to, and aren't far from my dorm. The spot that I took pictures of is little lounge behind the main lounge, so it's a little hole in the wall. And when the heater is turned on, it is perfect - mostly because no one is usually in there. The amount of sunlight it gets and the fact that there are zero distractions helps me get so much work done. I love being in a room by myself where I can tap my foot or click my pen without annoying anyone - which is why I'm not the biggest fan of library. 



My Planner // Not only do I need it to see what homework I need to do next, but I LOVE the feeling of crossing off a completed assignment. It makes me feel so much more productive!

Snacks + Water // Nothing is worse than studying on an empty stomach, and staying hydrated keeps me from having headaches. Food is a lovely thing, and it's my best friend when cramming (I try to keep it healthy most of the time).

Pens + Notes // I like to keep multiple colored pens or pencils in case they run out of ink, and it looks so much nicer when taking notes. And the notebook I use is pretty thick but has notes for multiple classes so I never forget them.

A Charged Computer // Practically all of my assignments have something to do with going online, and I actually don't bring my charger. At 100% my laptop can last a good amount of time (about 4 hours), and when it does die, that means its time to go to bed or to eat some real food.

I hope that maybe someday when I might start my own company, it won't be in a stuffy office with a few windows, but at a place like WeWork, where it'll feel like home. Looking at their website, there are locations across the world, and they can even provide bocce ball and meditation rooms? Whaaaaat.

I hope you enjoyed a little look into how I study for college, which is SO different from doing homework in my bedroom during high school (but more enjoyable). Let me know what you need to be successful and study!
* This post was in collaboration with WeWork.

8 comments:

  1. I will keep this bookmarked for next year when I am off to college :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all my essentials too! Except I carry around my iPad instead of my laptop, since my laptop is pretty big. I also love the feeling of crossing things off, and am a complete planner nerd.


    Jenny
    fromthedeskofj.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the cutest place to study! I'd love to find a place like that. I love a planner too but recently my to-do list has been so long and as soon as I have crossed one thing off another 2 things has been added. It's so upsetting!


    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you'll be so successful, Jamie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you :) and I hope things clear up for you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a really nice blog! Nice post! BTW I tagged you on the This or That Tag in my blog read more about it here: http://in1997.blogspot.com/2015/03/this-or-that-tag.html

    ReplyDelete