Header

Friday, March 6, 2015

Enjoy Spring Break at Home (even if it's cold)

Oh how I miss Alabama...
Today is my first official day of Spring Break and I am SO excited. Of course, it's a bit of a let down to see tons of people go to warm places for break (I'll be in good old Michigan), but instead of moping around, there are some definite positives to being home. For one, I'll just be relaxing with my parents/friends and hitting up all of my favorite local restaurants that I've missed. But for those couple of days where I'll want to do something, I have a couple of ideas up my sleeve that I'll definitely be using.
Visit other friends in town -Although it's pretty obvious option, I'll be going out for coffee with some friends that are still in high school or college close by - and I cannot wait (I'm looking at ya Janelle)! There's something refreshing about having a home life and life in college that are so different from each other.
Go exploring You'd be surprised at how much of my hometown I haven't explored yet. Even though I've lived here for eighteen years, I have a whole list on my phone (mostly restaurants) that I need to try out. Also, there are tons of cute parks around that'll be fun to explore with a friend and take pictures.
Take a day trip - The nice things about living in Michigan is that there are cute little towns all around, and Chicago isn't too far away. I'm most excited to go to Chicago for the day and finally visit Shake Shake. I'm in need of a good burger and some retail therapy at Topshop (aka look but don't buy).
Go DIY crazy- With only one homework assignment (thanks a lot writing class), I hope to do some fun little projects like make pillows, knit, and cook. COOK. I miss making smoothies and breakfast and food that aren't the same food  they serve in the dining hall. It's not bad, but it can be tiring. 
Tackle your watchlist - I don't now if you've ever heard of imdb, but I absolutely love reading facts about a movie I've just seen, and discovering movies I'll see next. I've created a watchlist that I hope to start over break - I've been into psychological thriller movies lately, and I'll be watching some with my best friend skinny pop. 
Blog - Most of all, I'll be blogging to my heart's content because I don't have much schoolwork to focus on. Not only that, but the lighting at home is so much better, and I can finally have some higher quality pictures.
Let me know what you're up to this Spring Break, or where you hope to go someday!

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy your spring break! I spent mine in Hawaii but was expecting to spend it a little closer to home. Exploring your hometown is such a fantastic idea. I know there's so much I haven't seen in Van - I'd need a 3 month spring break if I wanted to do just half of the stuff I wanted to do!


    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hawaii sounds like so much fun! Thanks Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! I spent every college spring break at home... I was just never adventurous enough (and too broke) to go somewhere like Cabo! I hope you have a great break!

    xo,
    Marissa
    Makin' it with Marissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got to love the life of a broke college student! Thanks Marissa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fun! Seriously, I love exploring "my own backyard" Theres always tons of cool "local gems" to visit!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Cailee I totally agree!

    ReplyDelete