Header

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

An Easy + Healthy Chocolate Milkshake

So many times when I wake up, I will have this craving for chocolate - and this is my go to! There's no added sugar, and it is still satisfying and reminds me of milkshakes from Steak N Shake. With only a couple of ingredients, anyone can make this at any time of day, and I always like to slice over ripened bananas and put them in the freezer to have on hand.

Serves 1
Ingredients:
1/2 frozen sliced banana
1 T almond butter (or peanut butter)
1 T cocoa powder (or cacao if you have it!)
1/2 cup milk of choice 
Just blend everything together and enjoy! If you don't have a frozen banana, you can just add ice to make it cold but it won't be as thick.

I hope you enjoyed my one of my favorite but easy recipes. I've been making a ton of random food over spring break an expect another recipe soon!

6 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious! Do you think cocoa powder could be substituted with hot chocolate powder? Or are they the same thing? Clearly, I have no idea lol


    Jenny
    fromthedeskofj.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jenny! It should work - it'll just be a little sweeter and less chocolate-y. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this recipe, but just a heads up to anyone who's going to try it - the banana flavor is pretty strong. Lots of similar recipes I've read like this one say that it's masked by the cocoa powder, but be warned! I'm not a huge fan of banana, so just wanted to throw that out there! Still a great treat for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it is :) Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete