Header

Sunday, April 26, 2015

10 Youtube Covers (that are better than the original)

Back in the day when I started watching youtube in middle school, I was really into musicians. I loved seeing music people made before all of the fancy equipment - they just used the cameras on their computer. It's pretty crazy that people are now getting record deals and becoming "real" musicians from youtube. There are so many talented artists, and I can't wait to share some of my favorite covers that I think could be better than the original! I've listened to these artists as much as any artist on on the Top 40, and it's SO refreshing. 
Boyce Avenue - Everything by Lifehouse

Daniela Andrade - I Will Follow You Into the Dark by Death Cab for Cutie

Whinnie Williams - Bills, Bills, Bills by Destiny's Child

Conor Maynard - Marvin's Room by Drake

Alex G + Jon D - Everything Has Changed by Taylor Swift Ft. Ed Sheeran

Alex Goot + Against the Current - Good Time by Owl City + Carly Rae Jepsen 

Daniela Andrade - Youth by Daughter

Alex G + Jon D - We Are Young by Fun. 

Tyler Ward - Somewhere With You by Kenny Chesney

Boyce Avenue + Kina Grannis - Fast Car by Tracy Chapman 

I don't know what I'd do without music. The relationships I've made through music classes, joy, and my relationship with God has only grown with the help of music. I used to roadtrip to Chicago more when I was younger, and I would listen to the same CDs on my CD player daydreaming about the world. I hope you enjoy these covers as much as I do! 

8 comments:

  1. Ohh these are great! Thanks for sharing!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to do that when I was young too - stare out the windows and daydream. In fact, I still do it when on long trips in the car. Thanks for sharing all of these beautiful covers. I find my relationship with God is stronger when I listen to music devoted to Him.

    Brooke | brookewrote

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I miss being little and daydreaming all the time! Your welcome Brooke :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great selection! Also, you have a lovely blog design, I absolutely adore pastels <3
    Love, your newest follower
    xoxo

    ditsysprinkles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look like some great covers! I love Alex G and Tyler Ward! I've nominated you for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Serena! Yeah I love them too :)

    ReplyDelete