Header

Monday, April 6, 2015

A Day In Chicago

your stereotypical tourist

A couple friends and I headed to Chicago last Saturday, and we left at 4:45 am (I'm NOT a morning person). I literally decided to go at 1am the night before, because why not? We drove a couple hours to the train station, and then rode the train to the city since we didn't have to deal with the over priced parking. I've been to Chicago many times, but it's always fun to go to my favorite city and try out new restaurants and see new stores that have popped up. Running on two hours of sleep, we made it back at around 2am, but it was all worth it. I just wish more people could've come in one car, but it's nice that it's only a couple of hours away - Chicago will ALWAYS be one of my favorite cities. 
we got to the train station a whole hour early because they were on central time...oops.




forever 21 store displays are always so much prettier in the city!

a little coffee shop called sunny side up! (the food was okay, but this sign was too cute)

loft is love. 

of course, we got some deep dish stuffed pizza from giordanos..and I forgot to take pictures until we started eating because it was delicious! (not sure if it's better than lou manati's though)

our last stop was dylan's candy bar, and we got SO many free samples - I think I almost passed out from a sugar overload.

As always, Chicago was a amazing, even though no one got any sleep. I only bought a couple of items, but I can't wait to come again to visit some family/friends. Navy Pier is especially beautiful during the summertime. 

Let me know your favorite spots in Chicago or your favorite city!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures!
    -Maria
    in1997.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a great weekend! I haven't been to Chicago in a while, but one of my favorite stores their is Topshop. Wonderful pictures!


    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos are so colorful and it looked like you had a lot of fun!

    I've actually never been in Chicago but I've always wanted to go!

    -Yasmin J. L. L.
    http://www.yasminjll.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, if you ever get the chance you'd love Chicago! Thanks Yasmin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog - love the Chicago photos! I took a weekend trip there last year and loved it!


    lovelyandcozy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw thank you! It'll always be one of my favorite cities!

    ReplyDelete