Header

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Bright Floral Nails

The sun is finally shining, and that's my cue to breakout the brighter nail polish! It's been so nice to see everyone outside, and it literally looks like the picturesque college brochure I imagined when i was applying. It can be hard for me to find the perfect peachy polish that isn't too bright, since it can clash with my skin tone sometimes. I bought all three of these China Glaze colors for 2.50 each! (I talk about it in my discounted beauty post). Yay for flowers blooming and bright colors! I just feel happier - one can only take the cold weather for so long. 


I'm no pro when it comes to nail art, but I finally tried using a bobby pin to make some simple flowers! I absolutely loved how it turned out, and that they don't all look the same. I cannot wait to mix and match different colors with these same flowers this summer!

18 comments:

  1. I love those flowers on your nails! I may need to hire you as my nail design artist since I can never get any of those designs down ;). I broke out my bright nail polish last night and I am loving how springy it makes me feel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the peach color! I never get peach because I can never find the right one for me, but this one definitely looks like a color that's good for all tones! Love the cute flowers you added! :)

    Stephanie | www.stephanieealexandraa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Brienne! Yeah, it's perfect for this lovely weather in EL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! This one's not too bright for my skin tone. Thanks, Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this look! It's perfect for spring!
    ~Sophia
    http://plaidismyfavouritecolour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute! I'm going to check out the beauty supplies stores like you wrote in that post for less expensive nail polish! I don't have the cash to spend 8-10 on a bottle of polish :) Cute post!

    Brooke | brookewrote

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! Yes, it's perfect for broke college students like us :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh Katherine, thank you SO much for taking the time to comment and for such kind words. It means the world that I was able to make even one person happy. Have fun finding great deals on beauty products! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just found your blog through the comment you just left me! :) Might I suggest purchasing some dotting tools? I used to use a spaghetti noodle for polka dots on my nails before a friend told me about dotting tools, which come in several different sizes. I bought mine off of Amazon for pretty cheap. Now polka dotting is a breeze!

    -Celeste
    http://wineandalines.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Celeste!
    I have some nail dotting tools at home, but I didn't bring them with me to school :/ Thanks for the suggestion on getting different sizes, I never thought of that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh! These colours are so cute! So springy! I love them!

    May x • The MaydenBloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah bummer! One of those moments when you wished you'd brought them! Bobby pin it is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. aww I love these, the colours are really perfect for spring. also love the little flowwers!! just followed you on insta & bloglovin :) xx

    dresses-and-travels //@Susan Dollparts

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are such gorgeous colors, and I'm so impressed with the floral design!!
    xo
    Syd
    http://www.sincerelysyd9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete