Header

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Love Shack, Baby Shake Shack

Even though I mostly write about healthy food (which I love), I love trying gourmet burgers. So when I went to Chicago last week, we stopped at Shake Shack which was conveniently located one block from Michigan Ave, or the 'Magnificent Mile'. I'd definitely heard of Shake Shack before I went to Chicago, and I was SO excited to finally try it out.


We got there at 10:50am, ten minutes before they actually opened because we were so hungry after shopping and eating a small breakfast. (10:50 is still technically breakfast time oops). Thankfully, they let us in early,  andI ordered the classic Shackburger and fries. Since we got there early, I don't think the heat was on yet because it was SO cold. But only 5 minutes later, our food was ready, and in just twenty minutes after opening, every table was filled, and the line was getting realllllly long.

okay but the green tissue paper is actually really cute like I'd actually use them in gift bags.

The burger itself was great because the meat was juicy, the bun was sweet and fluffy, and there were the perfect amount of vegetables. I know there's a special Shake Shack sauce, and it was flavorful with just the amount of spice. I still have not been to Chick-Fil-A or In-N-Out, but I have been to Five Guys. I liked the burger better at Shake Shack because it was less soggy than Five Guys, but I will say Five Guy's fries are crunchier....but that's definitely not saying that Shake Shack's fries weren't good because I still ate them ALL. My total was $9 without a drink, and I'd say it's a pretty good deal for great food in the city. I would highly recommend everyone to try this restaurant for the fast service, and also the vegetarian options as well! It's the perfect stop and go place while shopping all day.

My next stop: Umami Burger.

6 comments:

  1. YUM! I'm thinking about taking a trip to chicago this summer, and this place would be great to stop by for a good lunch. $9 isn't a lot at all, especially for the city. Thanks for the recommendation!

    Brooke | brookewrote

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! Your style is amazing!

    xo,

    Bri

    www.cityfashiongirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome! Have fun this summer when you go :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realize how many burger shops I've tried until I read your list and realized...omg, I've tried all but Chick-Fil. haha. Looking forward to hear what you think of the others. If you are ever in SF, I would add "Super Duper" to the list. =D

    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope I can try others soon! Yes, that place in SF sounds great!

    ReplyDelete