Header

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Oh how He loves us


Recently I just read a post on darcymae, and I felt she was literally taking the words out of my mouth. I couldn't believe how I related to it SO much. Everything she talked about hit home for me: people pleasing, judgements, and acceptance. My faith is something that I have not discussed a lot on my blog for a variety of reasons. Sometimes I just can't put into words what I want to say, I'm afraid of turning people away, and it's the most personal relationship to me in the entire world. It will always be scary to be vulnerable.

There are so many things that have made my freshman year at college be one of my favorite years in a long, long time. Even though I think I have figured out my major (more on that soon), it doesn't even matter because I've never felt like I should be "living in the moment" until now. Going to a school with 50,000+ people, any conversation is an opportunity for new friendships, and you meet new people everyday. There aren't enough words to thank God for everything that He's done for me. He put so many different people into my life, and it's amazing that I've become so close with people in such a short amount of time. I can't believe He loves me so much in ways that my mind cannot comprehend, and He sent his own son to die for me. (Like what?) If that's not the coolest thing you've ever heard I don't know what is. I know that in this day in age, having a faith or religion can be ridiculed. And I would never ever ever ever want to preach to anyone and make them uncomfortable, even if it was with good intentions. I'm in NO way better than you just because I'm a Christian. I would love to keep my mind open wide and never judge someone, because having a one track mind can be so limiting.   

 I'm not sure I even understand if this post or if the organization made any sense at all, but if there's one thing to take from this is that to love God, love others. My friend Stephanie said that last week (yeah we're twins) and I loved it so much. I hope you all have a great Easter!

2 comments:

  1. I am honored to be a source of inspiration to you! I am glad to see more bloggers talking about Christianity. For many Christians, our faith is a huge part of our character and the way we live our lives. I enjoyed reading about how God has brought peace to your life! Also, is the photo your own? It's beautiful and encompasses so much about this post!

    xoxo,
    Darcy Mae

    ReplyDelete
  2. exactly, it's nice to read others too! yes, I took this photo over spring break at the lake! thank you, darcy!!

    ReplyDelete