Header

Saturday, May 16, 2015

6 Less Popular Shows On Netflix

Summer will always have that feeling of being able to be lazy and do nothing. And even though I'm taking a summer class and working, I will always find time to do nothing. Especially when the weather is beautiful, laying outside and watching Netflix on my favorite blanket will never get old. I've heard of many shows to watch on Netflix, but here are a couple that are a less talked about (in my opinion, haha). Also, I sort of have a weird taste in TV shows since I'll watch pretty much anything - I just love a good storyline. 
3rd Rock From the Sun 
Starring my favorite Joseph Gordon-Levitt when he was much younger, this is a great show to get you smiling. About aliens who come to Earth as humans to inspect people's behavior, their antics always make me laugh. Just look at how cute was JGL back then (!!!). 
Skins UK
Definitely not for anyone under 16, this show is like Degrassi but 10x more intense and inappropriate. Touching on topics like eating disorders, depression, relationships, etc., you'll fall in love with the characters and how vulnerable they are as teens. 
Nikita 
This is exactly the type of show the CW needed! With such a strong female lead and male lead Shane West, from A Walk to Remember, I absolutely love the action in every episode. Definitely one of my all time favorites.
Preacher's Daughters 
Even though only the first season is on Netflix right now, it's my favorite season because of how genuine the three daughters are. Their experiences are funny, but relatable. Definitely entertaining.
Daredevil 
If you know me, I LOVE superheroes. Especially the brooding, dark ones. Charlie Cox plays Daredevil, a blind man with heightened senses as he tries to save Hell's Kitchen in NYC. The writing, plot, acting, and actions sequences are all amazing, and I would highly recommend it to anyone!
One Tree Hill 
I will say this show is pretty popular already, but I just have to mention One Tree Hill because i can't think of an episode I didn't like. Circa early 2000's, the music is just perfect, and you'll fall in love with all of the characters and their love triangles. 


Let me know your favorite TV shows (on Netflix or not) and maybe I'll watch a couple this summer! 

14 comments:

  1. Preacher's Daughters sounds like a funny concept, it sounds like I'd like it. People have told me to watch One Tree Hill, but I'm trying to get through Once Upon a Time right now :) Great post!

    Brooke | brookewrote

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Skins I didn't realise it was on Netflix, I haven't watched it in years I may have to after exams ahah! Great post x

    www.claire-frances.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! A perfect post exam choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of people have told me to watch Once Upon A Time haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These all sound so good. I'm on the lookout for new shows to watch since the primetime ones on TV networks have pretty much ended this season. Skins and Nikita both sound so great! I might also give Preacher's Daughters a shot just because I'm a sucker for comedy!

    May x • The MaydenBloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah it's always sad when seasons end this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll have a lot of time this summer so I'll definitely watch some of these shows! x

    http://rawrbows.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uh I love netflix so much. One Tree Hill is my favourite tv show ever and I could watch the entire thing through endlessly if I had the time!

    I also just went back and watched the second generation of Skins and remembered why I loved that loads when it first came out!!

    Em | beauty&bullshit x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have good taste in TV shows haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've watched Skins and it's brilliant! I'll have to check out some of the others!
    Serena / www.ramblingsofanotherunistudent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. yay I hope you like the other shows too!


    Stephanie
    petitepastels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love nikita, im a massive maggie q fan =]


    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. awesome! she's so underrated. :)

    ReplyDelete