Header

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Campus Voxbox Review!

I've been active on Influenster for the past couple of months (a review of the company itself will be another post), and I was given this box to try out a variety of products. I took a survey, and I'm assuming the Campus Voxbox is meant for college students like myself. I received four full size items and one travel size. It came in a beautiful, bright blue box where nothing was damaged, and it arrived relatively quickly. I just had to wait a couple of weeks until my dad brought it to school for me when visiting!


St. Ives Apricot Facial Scrub: $5 I had already used this before I received it in my VoxBox, and the biggest thing I have to say is that I recommend this for people who do NOT have sensitive skin because it is harsh. It smells sooooo good though, and I use it once it week. It's good for how cheap it is, but there are definitely better scrubs out there.I have heard of people having bad experiences with it, and it's a hit or miss. 

Jergans Instant Sun Tanning Mousse: $12 I've personally never felt the need to tan, but for special occasions this would be a good product. When I do try it out, I'll let you all know how it goes! 

Soft Lips Cube in Fresh Mint: $3 Easily my favorite product in the box! I've never thought to buy this before, but I'll definitely be repurchasing when I run out. I've always used the soft lips in the stick form, but this is so much better and lasts longer. I think it's better than EOS.

L'oreal Smooth Intense Straightening Sample: I loved how conditioning it was, and it really made my hair softer! I've been using L'oreal conditioner for years, and it's definitely effective. 

Ps. Sorry for two of the items not shown, but my roommate and I ate them all :)
Sour Punch Punchies: $1 My favorite candy is definitely chocolate, so I was pretty hesitant of these. I only liked the blue and red flavors, but these were pretty good - almost as good as sour punch kids.
 
Sour Punch Straws:$1-$2 I've never been a huge fan of these, but my roommate loved them. 


Overall for Box : 3.5/5
Favorite Product: Soft Lips
* These product were sent to me from Influenster for review, but all opinions are my own! I was not paid for this blog post. 

8 comments:

  1. I love the soft lips cube! I received one in a VoxBox I got last year and I still use it all the time. Such a good product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I was so happy that it actually works! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always loved the apricot scrubs, they work really well with my skin. I've never heard of softlips though, only EOS. I'll have to try it out!

    Running Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome :) I hope you love softlips!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does look like some of these products can be hit or miss - I wouldn't be able to use the facial scrub because of how sensitive my skin is. But that could be said for any beauty/lifestyle box, they still look like amazing products. I might have to try out the soft lips!

    Brooke | brookewrote

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would definitely recommend it - you can never go wrong with trying out new lip balm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've used the St. Ives Apricot Blemish Control Facial Scrub for years and love it. Haven't been tempted to stray on it yet. ;) It's true that it's harsher than most scrubs, but my favorite thing about it is that it doesn't use plastic beads like a lot of other brands, so it's better for the environment. Bring on the apricot pits!


    -Celeste
    corkingaround.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! That's so awesome that there's no plastic beads - thanks for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete