Header

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Homemade Blueberry Lemon Fruit Snacks



I always love trying out new recipes, and that mainly includes ones with less than 5 ingredients (because I'm lazy). And now that I'm home for the summer, I've been making something new almost everyday! These little gummy bites are so much better for you than the artificial kind, and are fun to make. You'll need a silicone mold (mine's from Ikea, here's one from Target), or just pour the liquid into a baking sheet and cut out shapes after it's set in the freezer. 
Ingredients:
-1/2 cup fresh fruit
-1/4 cup water
-juice from 1/2 a lemon
-1 tablespoon honey
-2 packets gelatin (agar agar is a good alternative) 
-optional: added sugar/sweetener 
Directions: 
1. Puree fruit and put into saucepan on low/medium.
2. Whisk in water, lemon, and honey. 
3. Once simmering, pour in gelatin while whisking (and add in added sweetener if desired).
4. When dissolved, pour into molds and freeze for 30-35 minutes.
5. ENJOY!

Shoutout to WhatsUpMoms for where this recipe is adapted from! I just LOVE every single video they make...even though it'll be a while before I become a mom. What's also great is that you could be creative and combine your favorite fruits and flavors - have fun enjoying these on the beach or as a light snack on a hot day. 

10 comments:

  1. Oh wow this looks so yummy! I really enjoy baking - I definitely need to try this recipe out!
    Thanks for sharing :) xx


    Sammie | sammiephotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious! I'll be sure to use this recipe!
    Serena / www.ramblingsofanotherunistudent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem! I love baking too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was a little afraid after the second picture, but the result looks AWESOME. I'm going to have to give this a try over the summer!

    Kelly

    Ohio Stripes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always looking for healthy snacks. These are so cute and look so simple. Thank for sharing Stephanie! I'm going to try them :) By the way, the flower mold is so cute.

    Brooke | brookewrote

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I was afraid too! My pouring skills are not of highest quality haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Brooke! I hope you like them :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The mold you use is absolutely adorable!!! I have a similar silicone mold from IKEA that comes in handy. Makes me want to try this recipe for sure! Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete