Header

Saturday, May 30, 2015

My Go-To Breakfast: Spinach + Tomato Egg Toast

Out of the recipes I have written about, most of them have been about breakfast (Exhibit A). Since I'm most definitely not a morning person, I always look forward to taking my time making breakfast with the Today Show in the background. Today, I'm showing one of favorite recipes - which is not really a recipe since it's incredibly easy (while still being filling and pretty good for you)

Ingredients:
- 1 slice of whole grain bread
- 1 egg
- 1 T olive oil
- spinach
- tomato 
- salt + pepper
- favorite seasonings 
Directions:
- Heat olive oil in a pan on medium. Then, using a knife or biscuit cutter, cut out the center of the bread.
-Toast one side of the bread in the pan, and crack an egg into the hole. Cook for a couple of minutes. 
-Flip the toast over and finish cooking the egg (unless you like sunny side up!). 
-Remove from pan and add a handful of spinach and sliced tomato. Sautee until spinach has wilted.
-Top the toast with the vegetables, adding salt and pepper and some more seasoning. I love lemon and rosemary!
This takes a minimum of five minutes, and I love the combination of flavors. Cooking the egg in the middle of the toast is optional, but I think it's so much more fun that way!

7 comments:

  1. This looks so delicious and refreshing for breakfast! I MUST try this!

    ~Sophia

    Plaid Is My Favourite Colour

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I've been trying to eat breakfast this summer too! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hustle + HalcyonMay 31, 2015 at 5:57 PM

    ohhhh my gawdddd. This is amazing. I love your photos too. That is some skill & a good camera haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks so much that means a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so simple and I bet it tastes amazing. I think this is such a good way to incorporate vegetables into your breakfast, instead of sugary jellies and fatty peanut butter :) Thanks stephanie!
    Brooke | brookewrote

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally agree I eat too much peanut butter sometimes haha. Thanks, Brooke!

    ReplyDelete