Header

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Refreshing Citrus Quinoa Salad

I'm really into salad at the moment (more than usual), and I love finding new variations with different flavors. I was inspired the fact that we had way too many oranges going bad soon, so I combined it with some delicious quinoa. I used to be skeptical of quinoa, but after making it a couple of times, it's a breeze to make, and I love how fluffy it gets. I definitely think this would perfect at a barbecue, picnic, or my favorite - after I get home from work. I can eat SO much of this salad...you don't even want to know.


Ingredients:
Dressing 
- 1 T freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 t honey
- 1/2 T balsamic vinegar
- 1 T olive oil
-salt + pepper (SO important!)
Salad  
-cooked quinoa
-cucumber
-orange wedges + a couple tablespoons of orange juice
-tomato
-dried cranberries
Directions: 
1. soak dried cranberries in orange juice and prepare quinoa (follow directions on back of package).
2. whisk together all ingredients for dressing. taste to make sure flavors are how you like it [salty, sweet, etc.] 
3. mix together vegetables, quinoa, and cranberries (w/out OJ), and toss with dressing.
4. let salad chill and marinate in fridge for at least 20 minutes before serving. 

12 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! I really want to try it one day! ^^ X!
    www.lemontierres.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so colorful and good! Also easy to make. I've been really trying to eat healthy lately, and this looks like something I can make pretty quickly :)

    Brooke | brookewrote

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hailey LauderdaleMay 19, 2015 at 11:09 PM

    this looks amazing! quinoa is so awesome and such a super food. i'm a vegan and would definitely try this out. thanks for sharing xx


    http://haileylauderdale.blogspot.com
    http://closetofgypsies.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so fresh for spring/summer! I love that all the ingredients are easy to find and probably already in my kitchen!


    Nabihah | thesundaywardrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah it doesn't take too long which is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so delicious and colourful! I think that it's perfect ffor summer :)

    Sarah | sarahanne14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the sweet comment, Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks absolutely delish! I love how refreshing it is for summer :) I normally don't put oranges and orange juice with my savory but i'll definitely give it a try!

    xo,
    Kelly

    ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ Creme de la Chic ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡

    Hope you're having a beautiful day! xx

    ReplyDelete