Header

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The Infinite Moment of Us

I've probably mentioned this before, but one thing I missed while being at school was READING. I definitely do not miss textbooks, but books that surprise me or make me smile. Even before I moved out of my dorm room, I put multiple books on hold just so I could go to the library and pick them all up right away. I have a running list of books I want to read on my phone, and The Infinite Moment of Us by Lauren Myracle was on it after glancing at it at the store. Of course, I will not be giving away any spoilers, but just a little review (of hopefully many this summer!). 


Yes, even though I'll be a sophomore in college next year, I still like to lounge around with the typical YA-ish novel in the summertime. I saw this had 3/5 stars on goodreads.com and I decided to try it out. The main jist of the plot is that Wren, a girl who is about to graduate high school has always listened to her parents and barely did anything wrong in her life. Then, when she meets Charlie, another boy at her high school at the hospital, they become close and start a relationship. 

And honestly, that's literally the entire storyline of the book. 

It was your cookie cutter innocent girl meets bad boy, and I just wasn't able to connect with any of the characters. It didn't really pull at me like a good book does. I wish I had more good things to say, but I do know the author is known for other books that are better, and I might give them a try. I'd recommend this for a super lazy beach read, but otherwise, I wasn't too impressed. Not the best start to my summer reading list, but it was nice to get back into reading!

Overall 2/5 

Leave me book suggestions if you have any! (I love a good storyline) 

6 comments:

  1. I was expecting a completely different kind of a review because I've seen Booktubers and people in the goodreads community just RAVING about this book! I was going to give it a try initially (even though YA just isn't my scene) but I think I'll pass for now, haha! It's wonderful that you're getting back into reading! Looking forward to more of your reviews!

    May x • http://themayden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has such a pretty cover and sounds like it would be such a good book! If it goes cheap I might pick it up but I'll have to keep an eye out. I absolutely love all of Autumn Doughton's books (which are super cheap on Kindle). They are NA (rather than YA) and still pretty much boy meets girl but really well written with lovely characters.


    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks May, I can't wait to be writing more of these! I guess this book just didn't click with me like it did with others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to give those a try! Thanks Rachael :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading and miss it heaps! Life just gets in the way and I find I have no time to enjoy a good book anymore, but it doesn't stop me from buying them anyway! This book sounds like my kind of book, I will have to get it. I love all books by Marian Keyes, she is truly amazing, so I recommend everything from her. I like your blog! x

    http://blackjeansblog.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you <3 And I'll check out Marian!

    ReplyDelete