Header

Monday, June 1, 2015

A Little Life Update

Follow me on insta @petite_pastels to stay updated!
Whew. This first month of summer has been pretty crazy, but it's nice to always have something to do. I have no structure whatsoever for this post, but I always think those can be the most genuine posts. So far, my least favorite part of summer would definitely be the couple of summer classes I'm taking. Even though it's SO much cheaper to take them at my local community college, my motivation is basically (insert picture of Zero from Holes). I mean, who wants to do calculus 5 days a week...in the morning...in the summer?!1!


Other than that, I've been working in retail for the first time ever, and it's actually a lot of fun. The best part is definitely looking at all of the clothes and containing the urge to spend my weekly paycheck on the abundance of graphic tees. The biggest lesson I've learned would be to not let rude customers get to you. I've been in many situations where people will be upset about the littlest things and even yell at you even if you had nothing to do with it. It's weird to think that in retail, you come in contact with so many people all of the time, and you can really make (hopefully not break!!) their day. Weird.


On the days I have off, I'm finishing up the show Revenge, going to the pool, reading, lifting those HEAVY(5 lbs) dumbbells, and trying out new recipes. The usual. Oh and most recently, I've discovered some new blogs that I've been obsessed with! I'm working on a blogroll right now, and I can't wait to share it with you. Let me know your favorite blogs down below!

12 comments:

  1. Maria Barrios Gal and the CityJune 3, 2015 at 4:33 AM

    I feel you about working in retail! I've worked at a retail store where my paycheck was based off commission which can become stressful and all but receiving that paycheck was worth the rude costumers, ha. On another note, you are going to love the series finale of Revenge! So sad it got canceled but it had a well deserved ending!
    Good luck with the job and calculus lol
    xo, Maria
    galandthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog post! We really liked it! Come and meet our adventures in Paris at Living Paris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that mist be stressful at times! Ahhh I'm so sad Revenge is over haha
    Thanks Maria! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Stephanie! I'm so happy to have stumbled upon your blog because it's so much fun to read and I love your posts :)
    I love that reference to Zero from Holes but nothing ever makes Calculus early in the morning good haha but you got this!
    Also, totally feel you on that retail job. I actually stopped working retail because as much as I loved looking at clothes and all, the amount of anger I had for humanity because of some customers made me rethink whether the stress was worth the money and effort haha
    but that's definitely just me! I'm sure you're a LOT more thick-skinned than I am :)
    Anyways, love your blog and seeing all those yummy food posts!
    xo,
    Kelly

    ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ Creme de la Chic ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡

    Hope you're having a beautiful day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so sweet of you to say Kelly! I totally understand haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you're having a lovely summer so far! I would never want to take calculus, that sounds absolutely awful haha. Thanks for sharing the updates with us, and I can't wait to hear about your favorite blogs! Great post!

    xo Kiki

    https://colormekiki.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing blog post !!

    had a good read :)

    would love to know your thoughts on my new post Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    Have a nice day
    sss
    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Kiki!! I appreciate it <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this post stephanie :) It's nice to hear a little bit about your life. I just finished up two may classes, and it was awful. I had meteorology and psychology research every day (yuck!). I'm going to be working in retail for the first time this summer too, so it's nice to hear your tip about not letting customers get to you. What are you reading right now?
    Brooke | brookewrote

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Brooke! Yeah yuck is right haha I'm glad your research is over! Right now I'm in the middle of Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen! Good luck in retail too :)

    ReplyDelete