Header

Monday, June 29, 2015

DIY: Healthy Nutella



Healthy and nutella in the same sentence? Heck yes. I was craving some nutella, but no one else in my family is really a fan so we never have it on hand. I decided to make my own, and I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was! I like how it's less sweet than the original, and I kept mine to be thicker. Of course, you can add more milk and blend it longer to get that creamy texture of the original if you want, and add more sugar if desired :) It's all personal preference! 
Ingredients:
-2 cups of toasted almonds (you can use cashews too, it'll give a creamier texture)
-your favorite milk * (I use unsweetened almond)
-2 T cane sugar (or sweetener of choice)
-3 T cocoa powder 
-pinch of sea salt
*The amount of milk depends on how creamy you want your nutella to be.
Directions: 
1. Toast almonds carefully in pan for a minute. Then, blend all ingredients together with a splash of milk. Pulse the blender, and stir every couple of times.
2. Add more milk if desired.
3. Store in the fridge for a couple of days and enjoy! 
Some ways I love to eat this is mainly on toast with banana, pretzels, apples, and waffles. Let me know what you'd eat this with!

10 comments:

  1. This is amazing! I love Nutella so would be great to make a guilt free version! xx
    Chasing Belle

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! i love nutella, so i've got to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to HAVE to try this because I love Nutella!!


    Erica
    www.pumpsandpushups.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes pancakes are a great idea :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This recipe is a lot easier than I expected it to be! I wish it could keep longer though. I'm so lazy I'd only end up making this once, haha. Nutella with toast, bananas, and waffles all sound so good right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha I totally understand! ooo bananas are my fave :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This recipe is great. My mom can't eat Nutella because she's allergic to hazelnuts, so I'm going to make this for her!
    Best, ItzaBri || babycakesbriauna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete