Header

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Love Others

I know this won't be my usual run of the mill blog post, but this is why I started Petite Pastels - to have an outlet so I don't implode. (I swear, it's going to happen one day.) 

It's always weird to look back and think, "I can't believe I was like that". And if you ask people who knew me a couple of years ago, they might say the only thing that's changed about me is that I've dyed two streaks in my hair and I talk a little more than I did before...but I know for a fact I have changed. 

Even though nothing drastic is different about my mannerisms or physical appearances on the outside, I've noticed it in the way I think. It's so weird to see, but a good kind of weird. I remember before this last year I was so judgmental all the time. Yeah, I am a little ashamed to say so (okay a lot), but it's the truth. I wouldn't treat people differently, but I would think things that I'm not proud of.
I know this isn't unusual to some people, but I believe that in me saying things to myself like... 
"Oh she's mean" 
"I can't believe they drink now!"
"Why did she have to go and start smoking?"

...did NOT make me a better person. I was judging. Even if I wasn't actually saying it out loud, I still said it to myself which made a part of me filled with darkness. Then a year ago, I felt God seeking MY heart (um, whoa). That 's when I started to change. God softened my heart so so much. I've said this to some people before, but the ONE things that stands out to me when I think of God, is love
Of course, I'm in no way saying I'm now "perfect" because I'm now proudly a Christian (well that's a whole other post), but now when I think something so rude, I instantly stop myself as often as possible. I'll say "you're not going to judge them, you don't know everything". Who am I to judge? As my wise friend Megan once said, God said He will judge each of us - He never said He needed your help doing it

Like the title of this post - just love others! That's it. I've found that in doing so, there's no way to go wrong. Love is just so right. From what you say, do, think, and believe, love is the center of it all. I don't care how cheesy this must be, but what matters is that it's true and it's pure and... just everything I've ever believed in to be so great and wonderful. And so I don't get more carried away than I already have, I'll leave with this: 
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. - 1 Corinthians 13: 6-7 
ps. I'm pretty darn nervous about posting this because it's a tad bit personal, but I just feel like I have to post this. My email is always open to anyone! 

2 comments:

  1. Great post stephanie :) God wants us to love others the way He loves them. I have to say I've come to a similar feeling as you this past year. There are so many circumstances separating me and other people that I feel it's impossible to judge, not to forget the idea that I was made to love.
    Brooke | brookewrote

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Brooke! I'm glad I'm not the only one - you're so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete