Header

Friday, June 12, 2015

Simple Mini Almond Muffins





Some topping ideas! Medjool date cinnamon glaze, melted chocolate, and coconut flakes. 


I'm pretty sure everyone can agree that miniature food is 1000x cuter than anything normal sized. This resulted in me making these cute muffins that baked in FIVE minutes! I was surprised at how easy it was, and it's fun to play around with different toppings. Since we didn't have any all purpose flour, I used the Ninja blender to grind whole almonds into flour, which I then sifted. Here's the recipe from a cute blog, The Road to the Farm (I looked everywhere for the easiest one haha). 

Ingredients: 
1 1/4 cups almond flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3 eggs
2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup 
1/4 cup coconut oil, butter, (or oil of your choice) melted
Optional additions: vanilla or vanilla bean, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, zest of one lime, lemon or orange. 

Directions: 
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease pan.
-Separately mix the wet and dry ingredients, and then combine. Pour in oil/butter, and pour into mini muffin pan, donut pan, etc.! 
-Bake for 5 minutes, and keep a close eye on them.
-Let cool for 10 minutes before adding any toppings.

I brought these to a friend's house, and no one even noticed that they were gluten free :) 


10 comments:

  1. Miniature Food forEVER. Though my stomach probably doesn't agree with me. haha, these look SO good! I hope you're having a great weekend! :)

    May x • THE MAYDENbloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look absolutely delicious! it's making my mouth water
    I'm definitely going to give this a go once I get my hands near an oven!
    I'm in love with how they're also gluten-free! most people can't even tell the taste between gluten-free and regular baked goods so it's always nicer :P
    xo,
    Kelly


    ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ Creme de la Chic ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡


    Hope you're having a beautiful day, stephanie! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Brie! Mini food is always too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I agree! I hope you enjoy them, and have a beautiful day too! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stephanie these look amazing! I love how you ground up the almonds yourself. I didn't know it was that easy to make almond flour, or I'd have been doing it for a long time now. Anyway, these look so yummy and I love how you varied the toppings. And yes, anything mini is cuter :(
    Brooke | brookewrote

    ReplyDelete
  6. It did take awhile to sift the almonds after blending, but it was all worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh - these look amazing! I can't get enough of sweets, muffins, cupcakes, cakes, dessert, ice cream hahaha!!! I have such a sweet tooth! :)


    Layla xx


    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Layla! I definitely have a sweet tooth too - especially ice cream!

    ReplyDelete